Dubno

 

The Coat of Arms was developed by the Nobiliary convention of city. In an gules field the or "Leliwa", accompained on the parties by two vert oak tree branches with ancorns. This is from the 1840's

 

On the 27th of January 1911 the new Coat of Arms was confirmed; a field of a shield was covered with vert oak leaves. In the upper part there was an emblem of Wolynska province. The shield is crowned with an argent mauerkrone with three embattlements and within two or spikes entwined with the ribbon of St.Alexander

Short Description/History

The first mention about this settlement under the name of Dubno can be found in Ipatiiv chronicles in 1100.
On the 3d of June 1498 the Great Lithuanian Prince gave this town the Magdeburg Right. A town seal of that time illustrated the family signs of the Princes Ostrozkis. In the upper part there was "Ostroga" - harpoon. In the lower part "Leliwa" in an azure field a six-pointed star and a crescent were with their points up.

 

Return