of Arms of the Austrio-Hungarian period had a
picture of a gules field with an argent boat in it. Over the boat there is a
Polish heraldic figure "Nalecz" in ornamental towel.
The first mention of this town dates back to 1376. The origin of the name comes from the sycamore woods in the sourounding neighbourhood of the town. In 1569 the town was given the Magdeburg Right
© Copyright; Paul Havers