B.Kene worked on a new Coat
of Arms of the town - it consists of an argent field on a vert hill there was a
gules fortress. In the canton there was an emblem of Wolynska Province.
The shield was crowned with an argent mauerkrone with three embattlements
and entwined with the ribbon of the Order of St.Alexander.
first written mention about Krzemieniec dates back to 1226 when the troops of
Russia defeated the forces of Hungarian and Polish armies.
The Magdeburg Right was given in 1431.
In 1819 in Krzemieniec there was founded an institution equated with Wilenski University. It had quite a large library which held over 50.000 volumes including 1.500 books printed before the year of 1500. On the basis of the library Kijow University was founded in 1834.
© Copyright; Paul Havers