Pascha ze Lwowa;- Cheese Pascha from Lwow
Old traditional Easter delicacy
- Ingredients: 1 whole egg,
4 additional eggs yolks, 2-2/3 cups sugar, 1 cup whipping cream, 1 cup
of raisins, 2 lbs. farmers cheese, 1/2 lbs. of unsalted butter, 1 tbsp. of vanilla
extract, 1 cup chopped almonds, 2 tbsp. grated orange
- Beat the whole egg and egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy.
Add half of the cream. Turn into a saucepan. Heat almost to the boiling point,
stirring constantly, do not let it boil. Remove from the heat. Add raisins
- Add the remaining cream, cheese, butter and vanilla into
blender. Blend until it is smooth.
- Turn the cheese mixture into a bowl fold in the egg mixture and add the
almonds and orange peel.
- Place in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours. Then
place in a double thickness cheese cloth. Hang
over a bowl in a cold place and let it completely drain for 24 hours. Chill