Nowogrodskie Wojewodztwo - Descriptions of Towns

 The seven districts of Nowogrodski Wojewodztwo

Baranowicze Lida Nieswiez Nowogrodek Slonim Stolpe Woloszyn


BARANOWICZE POWIAT

Albinki - refer to Nowy Mysz

Anisimowicze - refer to Nowy Mysz

Baranowicze was designated as a miasto (county town), county seat of Baranowicze powiat. It was the seat of two justices of the peace with the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 11,471. The railroad lines serving Baranowicze were Baranowicze-Wolkowysk, Brzesc-Stolpce, and Lida-Luniniec. In addition to the post office, telephone, and telegraph in Baranowicze had the state authority offices of the Starostie, Police Chief, Police Commissioner, Bureau of Imports and Taxes - Public Revenue - Dept. of Transportation - Office of Placement - Rural District Office - District Expropriation Commission - District Colonization Committee - Bureau of Weights and Measures. Baranowicze had one Catholic church, one Orthodox church, three gymnasia - a commercial school and a technical school. It was the seat of the "ill" of the District, a private clinic - and a Maternity Clinic. Professional associations included the Association of Christian Merchants - Association of Jewish Merchants - Regional Agricultural Society - Union of Agricultural Circles - Society "Cynegetique" - Association of Jewish Artisans - Butchers Association, and Association of Building Owners. Other associations included construction workers, diet workers, needle workers, drivers [or handlers], Bureau of Commerce employees, and court employees. Markets were on Mondays and Thursdays. Commerce included brickworks, cement products, mills, winery, brandy, grease, and spinning mills. Starostie - Jan Emeetryk - Mayor and President Of Municipal Council - Eugenjusz Dembinski-Piro - Under-mayor - Aron Winnikow - Municipal Hospital Director - Dr. Leon Nachumowski - Electric Rail Factory Director - Ins. Bialopiotrowicz - Municipal Slaughterhouse Director - Dr. Boleslaw Lanczewski.

Bartniki was a village of Wolpa, with the justice court and administrative court in Baranowicze. The 1928 population was 688. The railroad was 13 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office was Czernichowo k. Baranowicze. The telephone was in Pogorzelce k. Baranowicze. The telegraph was in Baranowicze.

Berezowka - refer to Nowy Mysz

Bialodolna - refer to Molczadz

Bialogorna - refer to Molczadz

Blosznia Mala - refer to Molczadz

Bohusze - refer to Jastrzebl

Budy - refer to Niedzwiedzica

Chlupicze was a village of Wolna, Justice of the Peace in Baranowicze and justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 591. The railroard was 14 km. away in Pogorzelce. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Mir. The village had mills.

Cieszewla was a village of Nowa Mysz, with the Justice of the Peace in Baranowicze and the administrative court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 568. The railroad was 4 km away in Mordycze. The post office and telephone were in Nowa Mysz. The telegraph was in Baranowicze.

Cyganie - refer to Niedzwiedzica

Czernichowo was a village of Wolna with the Justice of the Peace in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 560. The railroad was 7 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Wolna and the telegraph in Baranow.

Darewo was a village of Darewo. The dependencies were Podlesie, Ulazowicze, Waszkowce, Wiedzma, and Zofilin. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 15. The railroad was 8 km away in Baranowicze as were the post office, telephone, and telegraph.

Derewna was a village of Nowa Mysz with a Justice of the Peace in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 767. The railroad was 7 km away in Mysz. The post office and telephone were in Nowa Mysz and the telegraph in Baranowicze.

Dobromysl was a village and "gmina" town with the dependency of Dobromysl. The Justice of the Peace was in Slonim and the justice court in Grodno. The 1928 population was 461. The railroad, post office, and telegraph were 10 km away in Domanowo. The telephone was in Byten n. Szczara.

Domaszewicze - refer to Stolowicze

Dukrowo - refer to Molczadz

Dziadkowicze - refer to Nowy Mysz

Giermuntowce - refer to Horodyszcze

Gorzelnia - refer to Nowy Mysz

Holynka - refer to Wolna

Horodyszcze was designated as a miasteczko (small city) and gmina, seat of council office of Horodyszcze with the dependencies of Giermuntowce, Jasieniec, Kisiele, Mikulicze, Wielkie Siolo, and Zabince. The Justice of the Peace was in Horodyszcze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 1,021. The railroad was 8 km away in Polestok, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Horodyszcze with the telegraph in Baranowicze.

Horodyszcze Wielkie - refer to Krzywoszyn

Hukowo - refer to Niedzwiedzica

Huta - refer to Nowy Mysz

Iszkoldz was a miasteczko (small city) of Wolna. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 681. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Horodziej.

Iwiezianka - refer to Molczadz

Jasieniec - refer to Horodyszcze

Jastrzebl was a village and "gmina" town with the dependencies of Bohusze, Machowy, Malachowce, Mlynek, and Sieliszcze. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze II and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 161. The railroad was 6 km away, a trainstop for limited transports on the Jastrzebl-Baranowicze line. Jastrzebl had brickworks and mills.

Jatwiez was a village of WOLNA with the Justice of the Peace in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 927. The railway was 7 km away. The post office was Pogorzelce k. Baranowicz. The telephone and telegraph were in Baranowicze. Jatwiez had one Orthodox church.

Juszewicze was a village of Wolna. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 703. The railway was 5 km away. The post office and telephone were in Pogorzelce k. Baranowicz. The telegraph was in Baranowicze. Juszewicze had one Catholic church.

Kisiele - refer to Horodyszcze

Ko'esniki - refer to Molczadz

Kolpienica Wielka was a village of Stolowicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 530. The railway was 4 km away in Baranowicze. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Baranowicze. Kolpienica Wielka had one Orthodox church.

Kroszyn - refer to Stolowicze

Kruplany - refer to Molczadz

Krzywoszyn was a village and gmina (town) with the dependencies of Horodyszcze Wielkie, Rzepichow, Szczerbinowo, Tuchowicze, and Zaluze. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 358. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports on the line - "narrow road" Krzywoszyn-Myszanka. The post office and telephone were in Myszanka and telegraph in Krzywoszyn. The town had one Catholic and one Orthodox church and mills.

Kurszynowicze was a village of Niedzwiedzica. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 550. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports in Budy. The post office and telephone were in Niedzwiedzice and telegraph in Budy.

Lachowicze was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town, seat of council office of Lachowicze with the dependencies - Koniunchy, Mysloboje, Paszkowce, and Zubielewicze. It was seat of the Justice of the Peace with the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 2,819. The railway line was Luniniec-Baranoweize. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Lachowicze k. Barnowicz. The town had a council office, one Catholic church, one mosque, and one Orthodox church, a health clinic, an Association of Merchants, and an Association of Artisans.

Lezna - refer to Nowy Mysz

Lichosielca - refer to Wolna

Lipsk was a village of KRYZYWOSZYN. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 841. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports in Krzywoszyn. The post office and telephone were in Krzywoszyn and telegraph in Lachowicze k. Barnowicz. The town had one Catholic church.

Litwa was a village of DAREWO. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 690. The railway was 7 km in Baranowicze. The post office. Telephone and telegraph were in Baranowicze.

Lotwa Mala was a village of Lachowicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 581. The railway was 4 km away in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz.

Lotwa Wielka was a village of Lachowicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 878. The railway was 8 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz.

Lotwicze - refer to Molczadz

Luki Wielkie was a village of Jastzebl. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 689. The railway was 0.5 km away, a trainstop for limited transports on line - "narrow road" Baranowicze-Krzywoszyne. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Baranowicze.

Luszniewo - refer to Molczadz

Machowy - refer to Jastrzebl

Malachowce - refer to Jastrzebl

Malysze - refer to Niedzwiedzica

Mazurki - refer to Niedzwiedzica

Mikulicze - refer to Horodyszcze

Mlynek - refer to Jastrzebl

Molczadz was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with the dependencies of Bialodolna, Bialogorna, Blosznia Mala, Dobrypol, Dukrowo, Iwiezianka, Ko'esniki, Kruplany, Luszniewo, Lotwicze, Podloziany, Sagajlowszczyzna, Siarki, and Zwierowszczyzna. It was seat of the council office of Molczadz. The Justice of the Peace was in Horodyszcze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 483. The railway was 4 km away on the line - Baranowicze-Lida. The post office and telephone were in Molczadi and telegraph in Nowojelnia. Molczadz contained the council office, one Catholic church, one Orthodox church, the Cooperative Office, and the Association Polish Primary School Personnel. Markets were on Wednesdays. Fairs were 29 June, 20 July, and 14 Sep. Molchadz had an electric power station - a tannery, a pitch factory, and mills.

Mysloboje - Lachowicze

Niedzwiadka Wielka was a village of WOLNA. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 526. The railway was 12 km away in Horodzie. The post office was in Poloneczka and telephone in Horodzie.

Niedzwiedzica was a miasteczko (small city) with the dependencies of Budy, Cyganie, Hukowo, Lopatycze, Malysze, Mazurki, Sawejki, and Stare Budy. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 949. The railway was 4 km away in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz. The post office and telephone were in Niedzwiedzica. The telegraph was in Lachowicze. The town had one Catholic church, mills, and brickworks.

Nowa Mysz was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with the dependencies of Albinki, Anisimowicze, Berezowka, Dziadkowicze, Gorzelnia, Huta, Lezna, Paulinowo, Polonka, Tartak, and Zerebilowka. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 1,815. The railway was 5 km away in Baranowicze. The post office and telephone were in Nowa Mysz. The telegraph was in Baranowicze. The town had the council office, one Catholic church, one Orthodox church, one synagogue, mills and a pitch factory.

Nowosady - refer to Ostrow

Nowosiolki was a village of Darewo. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 501. The railway was 10 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Swojatycze. The telegraph was in Baranowicze.

Ostrow was a village and gmina town with the dependencies of Nowosady and Strzalowo, Wi[el]ka. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 952. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports on the line - "narrow road" Baranowicze-Krzywoszyn. The post office and telephone were in Ostrow kolo Baranowicz. The telegraph was in Lachowicze kolo Baranowicz. The town had one Orthodox church.

Paszkowce - Lachowicze

Paulinowo - refer to Nowy Mysz

Podlesie - refer to Darewo

Podlesie was a village of Lachowicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 1,251. The railway was 7 km away in Lachowicze k. Baranowicze. The post office and telephone were in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz and telegraph was in Lachowicze. Podlesie had one Orthodox church and mills.

Podloziany - refer to Molczadz

Podstarzynki was a village of Stolowicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 907. The railway was 4 km away in Domaszewicze. The post office and telephone were in Slolowicze. The telegraph was in Baranowicze. 1 Catholic church

Poloneczka was a miasteczko (small city) of Wolna. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 523. The railway was 14 km away in Pogorzelce, line - Baranowicze-Stolpce. The post office was in Poloneczka and telephone in Pogorzelce k. Baranowicz. The telegraph was in Horodziej. Poloneczka had one Catholic church, cultivation of flax, mills, distillery, and brickworks.

Polonka - refer to Nowy Mysz

Potopowicze was a village of Lachowicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 500. The railway was 3 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Lachowicze kolo Baranowicz.

Raczkuny was a village of Lachowicze. The Justice of the Peace and the justice court were in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 675. The railway was 8 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Lachowicze kolo Baranowicz.

Rodkiewicze - refer to Wolna

Rzepichow - refer to Krzywoszyn

Sagajlowszczyzna - refer to Molczadz

Sawejki - refer to Niedzwiedzica

Sawicze was a village of Wolna. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 660. The railway was 10 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Pogorzelce k. Baranowicz and telegraph was in Baranowicze.

Siarki - refer to Molczadz

Sieliszcze - refer to Jastrzebl

Stajki - refer to Wolna

Stare Budy - refer to Niedzwiedzica

Stolowicze was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with the dependencies of Domaszewicze, Kroszyn, Torczuce, Ulasy, and Zalubicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 678. The railway was 10 km away in Baranowicze. The post office and telephone were in Stolowicze and the telegraph was in Baranowicze. The town had one Catholic church, one Orthodox church, a Corps of Volunteer Firemen, and mills. Fairs were 28 Aug and 21 Sept.

Strzalowo - refer to Ostrow

Swojatycze was a miasteczko (small city) of Darewo. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 715. The railway was 6 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Swojatycze and the telegraph was in Baranowicze. The town had one Catholic church, one Orthodox church, and a primary school.

Szczerbinowo - refer to Krzywoszyn

Szewiele was a village of Lachowiscze. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 657. The railway was 13 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz and were in Lachowicze.

Tartak - refer to Nowy Mysz

Torczuce - refer to Stolowicze

Tuchowicze - refer to Krzywoszyn

Ucios was a village of Ostrow. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 545. The railway was 6 km away in Sawino, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Ostrow kolo Baranowicz and telegraph was in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz.

Ulasy - refer to Stolowicze

Ulazowicze - refer to Darewo

Waszkowce - refer to Darewo

Wiedzma - refer to Darewo

Wielkie Siolo - refer to Horodyszcze

Wokoput - refer to Wolna

Wolna was a village and gmina town with the dependencies of Holynka, Lichosielca, Rodkiewicze, Stajki, and Wokoput. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 724. The railway was 11 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Wolna and the telegraph was in Horodziej wicze. The town had mills and tanneries.

Zabince - refer to Horodyszcze

Zadzwieja was a village of WOLNA. The Justice of the Peace was in Baranowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 778. The railway was 12 km away in Pogorzelcea. The post office and telephone were in Poloneczka and telegraph was in Horodziej.

Zalubicze - refer to Stolowicze

Zaluze - refer to Krzywoszyn

Zerebilowka - refer to Nowy Mysz

Zofilin - refer to Darewo

Zwierowszczyzna - refer to Molczadz

Zubielewicze - Lachowicze

Zarylowo was a village of Lachowiscze. The Justice of the Peace was in Lachowicze and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 554. The railway was 14 km away in Lachowicze. The post office and telephone were in Lachowicze k. Baranowicz and telegraph was in Lachowicze.

 Return


LIDA POWIAT

Information is listed on www.kresy.co.uk/lida.html


NIESWIEZ POWIAT

Andrusze - refer to Howiezna

Anilince - refer to Howiezna

Babajewicze was a village of Kleck. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 940. The railway was 22 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Kleck.

Bojary - refer to Snow

Cepra was a village of Hrycewicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 593. The railway was 8 km away in Lubineiec. The post office and telephone were in Hrycewicze and telegraph was in Kleck. The town had one Orthodox church.

Chwojewo was a village of Snow. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 681. The railway was 5 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Snow and telegraph was in Baranowicze.

Domatkanowicze was a village of Kleck. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 624. The railway was 17 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Kleck. The town had one cathedral.

Dobrypol - refer to Molczadz

Dunajczyce was a village of Siniawka. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 706. The railway was 20 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Siniawka. The town had one cathedral.

Holynka was a village of Kleck. The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 655. The railway was 8 km. away, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telegraph were in Budy and telephone in Siniawka. Holynka had a distillery.

Hawnowo - refer to Snow

Horodziej was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with the following dependencies - Dony, Krasnohorka, Makasze, Ostrowki, Podlesie, Proscie, Studzienski, Uzanka Mala, Zarzecze, and Zausze. The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 1,120. The railway line was Baranowicze-Stolpce. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Horodziej. The town had one council office, one cathedral, and two synagogues. Markets were on Thursdays. The town had mills, a cloth industry, and a grain trade.

Horodziej Gorny was a village of Horodziej. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 820. The railway was 3 km away. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Horodziej.

Howiezna was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with the following dependencies - Andrusze, Anilince, Nowosiolki Stare, Piruchowszczyzna, Pohorele, and Zychalki. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 257. The railway line was 10 km away. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Horodziej. The town had mills.

Hrckiewicze - refer to Snow

Hruszkowo was a village of Snow. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 521. The railway was 4 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Snow and telegraph in Horedziej.

Hryce - refer to Snow

Hrycewicze was a village and gmina town with the following dependencies - Janowicze, Korseniowszczyzna, Lubliniec, Matusze, Nagorna, Radziwilmonty, Rohaczowka, and Zapole. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 563. The railway line was 5 km away. The post office and telephone were in Hrycewicze and telegraph in Siniawka. The town had one Orthodox church, brickworks, mills, and a distillery.

Iwanowo Kirkorowszczyzna - refer to Lan

Jakszyce - refer to Kleck

Janowicze - refer to Hrycewicze

Jaskiewicze was a village of Snow. The Justice of the Peace was in Horodziej and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 614. The railway was 10 km away. The post office and telephone were in Snow and telegraph in Horodziej.

Jodczyce

Juszewicze

Kamionka was a village of Snow. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 528. The railway was 8 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Snow and telegraph in Nieswiez.

Karack - refer to Siniawka

Kleck was a miasto (county town) and gmina town with dependent towns of Jakszyce, Laukwce, Micklewicze Wielkie, Polonkowicze, and Zubki. It was the seat of town council of Kleck and seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 5,671. The railway was 23 km away in Pogorzelce, line - Baranowicze-Stolpce. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Kleck. The town had a council office, 1 Catholic church, 2 Orthodox churches, 1 mosque, and 1 synagogue. There was a private White Russian high school and a hospital. There was an Association of Merchants and an Association of Artisans. Markets were on Mondays. Kleck had tanning industry, mills, and ?"commerce d'etoupes".

Klopotycze - refer to Siniawka

Kochanowicze - refer to Snow

Komlewszczyzna - refer to Zaostrowiecze

Kopciowszczyzna was a village of Horodziej. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 554. The railway was 5 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Horodziej.

Korseniowszczyzna - refer to Hrycewicze

Kozly - refer to Snow

Krasnohorka - refer to Horodziej

Krety Brzeg was a village of Horodziej. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 742. The railway was 4 km away. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Horodziej.

Kuchczyce was a village of Kleck. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 535. The railway was 23 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Kleck.

Kuncowszczyzna - refer to Zaostrowiecze

Kwacze was a village of Horodziej. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez and the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 504. The railway was 8 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Horodziej.

Lan Kleck was a village and gmina town with dependent towns of Iwanowo Kirkorowszczyzna, Leonowicze, Lisuny, and Wojnilowicze. The Justice of the Peace was in Horodzieg. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 559. The railway was 21 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nieswiej.

Laukwce - refer to Kleck

Leonowicze - refer to Lan

Lipa Wielka was a village of Snow. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 643. The railway was 7 km away in Horodziej. The post office and telephone were in Snow and telegraph in Nieswiez. The town had one Orthodox church and mills.

Lipa Wysoka was a village of Snow. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 629. The railway was 8 km away in Horodziej. The post office and telephone were in Snow and telegraph in Horodziej. The town had one Orthodox church and mills.

Liskowo was a village of Siniawka. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 688. The railway was 15 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Siniawka.

Lisuny - refer to Lan

Lubliniec - refer to Hrycewicze

Makasze - refer to Horodziej

Malojady - refer to Snow

Matusze - refer to Hrycewicze

Micklewicze Wielkie - refer to Kleck

Mokrany Nowe - refer to Zaostrowiecze

Morocz was a village of Zaostrowiecze. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 114. The railway was 32 km away in Hancewicze. The post office and telephone were in Zaostrowiecze and telegraph in Hancewicze. The town had one Orthodox church.

Mostwilowicz - refer to Siniawka

Moszuki - refer to Siniawka

Nagorna - refer to Hrycewicze

Nielopowo - refer to Snow

Nieswiez was a miasto (county town), seat of the Justice of the Peace with the justice court in Nowogrodek. The 1929 population was 6184. The railway was 14 km away in Horodziej, line - Baranowicze-Stolpce. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nieswiez. Nieswiez had a a Starostie, Police Chief of the District, Bureau of Imports and Taxes, Public Revenue, Delegation of Financial Control, Department of Transportation, Rural District Office, District Expropriation Commission, District Colonization Committee, 2 Catholic churches, 1 Orthodox church, a Benedictine Convent, a high school, a Normal School for primary teachers, a district health office, a Contagious Disease Hospital, an orphanage, and a public library. Professional associations included Association of District Primary School Teachers, Society Of Regional Agriculture, Union of Agricultural Circles, Association of Christian Merchants, Association Of Jewish Merchants, and Society of Christian Artisans. Markets were Wednesdays. Fairs were for cattle, horses, and pigs. The town had mills, a cement factory, and a brewery.

Nowosiolki Stare - refer to Howiezna

Ogrodniki - refer to Snow

Ososzki - refer to Snow

Ostrowki - refer to Horodziej

Ostrowczyce Male - refer to Zaostrowiecze

Ostrowczyce Wielkie - refer to Zaostrowiecze

Panacz was a village of Siniawka. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 684. The railway was 14 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Siniawka.

Pietkiewicze was a village of Horodziej. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 541. The railway was 12 km away in Horodzie. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Horodziej.

Podlesie - refer to Horodziej

Piruchowszczyzna - refer to Howiezna

Pogorzelce was a village of Snow. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 548. The railway was line - Baranowicze-Stolpce. The post office and telephone were in Pogorzelce k. Baranowicz. The telegraph was in Horodziej.

Pogorzelce - refer to Snow

Pohorele - refer to Howiezna

Polonkowicze - refer to Kleck

Proscie - refer to Horodziej

Radziwilmonty - refer to Hrycewicze

Rohaczowka - refer to Hrycewicze

Rubie - refer to Zaostrowiecze

Ruda - refer to Siniawka

Saska Lipka was a village of Horodziej. The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 883. The railway was 9 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nieswiez.

Siejlowicze was a village of Howiezna. The Justice of the Peace was in Wilejka. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 592. The railway was 17 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nieswiez. The town had one Catholic church.

Siniawka was a miasteczko (small city), village, and gmina town with the dependencies of Karack, Klopotycze, Mostwilowicze, Moszuki, Ruda, Sloboda Miezna, and Zaleszany. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population of the miastechzko was 514 and 393 for the gmina town. The railway was 12 km away in Lachowicze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Siniawka. The town had one Orthodox church, a council office, an Association of Merchants and an Association of Artisans, and mills.

Slawkowo was a village of Howiezna. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 938. The railway was 17 km away inHorodziej. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nieswiez.

Sloboda Miezna - refer to Siniawka

Slobodka - refer to Snow

Snow was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with the dependencies of Bojary, Hryce, Hrckiewicze, Hawnowo, Kochanowicze, Kozly, Lipa Wielka, Lipa Wysoka, Malojady, Nielopowo, Ogrodniki, Ososzki, Pogorzelce, Slobodka, Sygaly, and Tarejki. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 631. The railway was 5.5 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Snow. The telegraph was in Nieswiez. The town had one Catholic church and one Orthodox church, cement products, and mills.

Studzienski - refer to Horodziej

Sygaly - refer to Snow

Tarejki - refer to Snow

Urwiedz - refer to Zaostrowiecze

Uzanka Mala - refer to Horodziej

Wojnilowicze - refer to Lan

Zausze - refer to Horodziej

Zaleszany - refer to Siniawka

Zaostrowiecze was a village and gmina town with the dependencies of Komlewszczyzna, Kuncowszczyzna, Mokrany Nowe, Ostrowczyce Male, Ostrowczyce Wielkie, Rubiez, and Urwiedz. The Justice of the Peace was in Kleck. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 771. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports 29 km away in Honczary. . The post office and telephone were in Zaostrowiecze. The telegraph was in Hancewicze. The town had mills.

Zapole - refer to Hrycewicze

Zarzecze - refer to Horodziej

Zaturja was a village of Howiezna. The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 719. The railway was 19 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nieswiez.

Zubki - refer to Kleck

Zychalki - refer to Howiezna

 Return


NOWOGRODEK POWIAT

Basin - refer to Horodeczna

Bielczyce - refer to Poczapowo

Bienen - refer to Wsielub

Bobryszyn - Koszelewo

Bockowicze was a village of Zdzieciol. The Justice of the Peace was in Zdzieciol. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 509. The railway was 3 km away in Jacuki. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowojelnia.

Bogudzieki - refer to Zdzieciol

Boracin - refer to Horodeczna

Bordziacze - refer to Horodeczna

Brecianka - refer to Horodeczna

Brolniki - refer to Horodeczna

Bry-zyce - Koszelewo

Bujniewicze - refer to Poczapowo

Bulhakowskie - refer to Niehniewicze

Chilmony - refer to Zdzieciol

Chrobotki - refer to Zdzieciol

Cyryn was a miasteczko (small city) with dependencies - Konciawy, Olszany, Skrobow, and Woroncza. The Justice of the Peace was in Horodyszcze. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 274. The railway was 25 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office was in Cyryn. The telephone and telegraph were in Baranowicze. Cyryn had one Orthodox church, brickworks, a distillery, and mills.

Czemerowka - refer to Horodeczna

Danilowicze was a village of Dworzec. The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 504. The railway was 5 km away in Nowojelnia. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowojelnia.

Delatycze was a miasteczko (small town) with dependencies - Lubcz. The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 630. The railway was 25 km away in Pogorzelce. The post office and telephone were in Lubcza n. Niemnem. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek. The town had brickworks.

Dereszewo - Koszelewo

Dony - refer to Horodziej

Droczylowo - Koszelewo

Dubrowa - refer to Zdzieciol

Dwor Wesoly - refer to Zdzieciol

Dwor Zielony - refer to Zdzieciol

Dworzec was a miasteczko (small town) and gmina town with dependencies - Iwies (village), Krzemienica, and Nowojelnia.The Justice of the Peace was in Slonim II. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 944. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, line - Baranowicze-Lida. The post office and telephone were in Dworzec. The telegraph was in Nowojelnia. St. Joseph (educational institution), a trade school, and mills were in Dworzec.

Gierkowka - refer to Wsielub

Gnoinskie - refer to Zdzieciol

Holowie - refer to Zdzieciol

Horodeczna was a village and gmina town with dependencies - Basin, Boracin, Bordziacze, Brecianka, Brolniki, Czemerowka, Horodzilowka, Kucewicze, Leonowszczyzna, otcza, Slobodka, and Sulatycze.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 234. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 3 km away The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowogrodek.

Horodzilowka - refer to Horodeczna

Iwies (village) - refer to Dworzec

Izwa Mala - Koszelewo

Jatra - refer to Poczapowo

Juryzdyka - refer to Rajce

Kacilowka - refer to Poczapowo

Kamionka - Koszelewo

Karpysze - refer to Wsielub

Kmiciana - Koszelewo

Kobylczyce - refer to Zdzieciol

Konciawy - refer to Cyryn

Korelicze was a miasteczko (small town) and gmina town with dependencies - Rucica, Rutkiewicze, Sowaszo, and Zablocie.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 799. The railway was 20 km away in Nowogrodek, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Korelicze. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek. Korelicze had a council office and one Orthodox church. Markets were Wednesdays. Fairs were Jan 5, Aug 6, Sep 8 at St. Peter and Paul, Wednesday of Quasimodo and the Wednesday after Pentecost (old style). Korelicze had mills and fruit storage.

Korsakowszczyzna - refer to Poczapowo

Kosicze Wielkie - refer to Poczapowo

Koszelewo was a village and gmina town with dependencies - Bobryszyn, Bry-zyce, Dereszewo, Droczylowo, Izwa Mala, Kamionka, Kmiciana, Kremianica, Kuscin, Morozowi-Niehrymo-Osmolow, Starojelnia, Studzianka, Walerjanowka, Zaroj, Zbornja, and Zubkowo.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 307. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 4 km away in Zaroj. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowogrodek. Koszelewo had forestry operations, mills, and a pitch factory.

Kowalewszczyzna - refer to Poczapowo

Kozlowicze - refer to Poczapowo

Kraskowska Gora - refer to Szczorsze

Kremianica - Koszelewo

Krzemienica - refer to Dworzec

Krzywicze - refer to

Koszelewo was a village and gmina town with dependency - Wsielub.The Justice of the Peace was in Wsielub. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 679. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 11 km away in Iwje k. Lidy. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Iwje k. Lidy.

Krzywonogi - refer to Wsielub

Kucewicze - refer to Horodeczna

Kuscin - Koszelewo

Lachowicze - refer to Wsielub

Lady - refer to Zdzieciol

Lahodki - refer to Rajce

Lawskie - refer to Wsielub

Leonowszczyzna - refer to Horodeczna

Lozki was a village and gmina town with dependency - Szczorse.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek II. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 528. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 12 km away in Basino.The post office and telephone were in Szczorzorse. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek.

Lubcz was a miasteczko (small town) and gmina town with dependencies - Plisa, Wereszkow, Worobjewicze Wielkie, and Zagorze Sienienskie .The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 973. The railway was line of "narrow road" - Nowojelnia-Lubcza. Lubcz was the seat of council office. The post office and telephone were in Lubcza n. Niemnem. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek. Korelicze had a council office and 3 Orthodox churches. Markets were Wednesdays. Lubcz had mills, sawmills and a distillery.

Lyczyce - refer to Niehniewicze

Makryszki - refer to Zdzieciol

Maluszyce was a village and gmina town with dependency - Rajce.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 593. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 7 km away in Zaberdowo.The post office and telephone were in Rajcak. Nowogrodka. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek.

Mondzin - refer to Rajce

Morozowi-Niehrymo-Osmolow - Koszelewo

Moryn was a village of Wsielub.The Justice of the Peace was in Wsielub. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 671. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 8 km away in Iwje.The post office was in Iwje k. Lidy and telephone in Moryno. The telegraph was in Iwje k. Lidy.

Murowanka - refer to Zdzieciol

Naliboki Dolne - refer to Wsielub

Naliboki Gorne - refer to Wsielub

Niehniewicze was a miasteczko (small town) and gmina town with dependencies - Lyczyce, and Bulhakowskie.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 406. The railway was 5 km away in Basino, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Lubcza n. Niemnem. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek. Korelicze had one Catholic church and 1 Orthodox church.

Niesutycze was a village of Horodeczna.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 531. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 4 km away in Basino. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowogrodek.

Nowogrodek was the voidship's chief town. Ct. of Appeals was in Wilno. The seat of the Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 7,69. The railway lines were a narrow road from Nowojelnia-Lubeza. The closest station of transportation was 23 km away in Nowojelnia, line - Lida-Baranowieze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowogrodek. Voidship Adminstration, Starostie, Voidship Police Command - Bureau of Imports and Taxes, Public Revenue Dept., Regional Director of Public Works, Dept. of Transportation, Employment Office, District Colonization Office, Expropriation Committee of the District. 2 Catholic churchs, 2 Orthodox churches, 3 synagogues, 1 mosque, a state high school, a private high school, a District Health Office, a district hospital, Jewish hospital, 2 orphanages, and an old age home. Association Of Polish Merchants, Ass. Of Jewish Merchants, Associationof Tenant Apartments and Stores, Regional Agricultural Society, Regional Union of Agricultural Circles of the Territory of Nowogrodek, Association Of Pork Growers and of Red Cattle, Association of Christian Artisans. Markets were Mondays and Thursdays. Fairs - cattle & horses - 4 Dec, 20 Feb, 26 June, 6 Aug. concrete product manuf., manuf. Ceramic products, tanneries, steam mills

Nowojelnia - refer to Dworzec

Ocminow - refer to Wsielub

Olszany - refer to Cyryn

Ostaszyn was a village of Lubcz.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 931. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 4 km away in Basino. The post office and telephone were in Niehniewicze. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek. Ostaszyn had mills.

Otcza - refer to Horodeczna

Ozierany was a village of Dworzec.The Justice of the Peace was in Wsielub. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 523. The railway was a trainstop for limited transports, 17 km away in Dworzec. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowojelnia.

Pacowszczyzna - refer to Zdzieciol

Pazdzierzowo - refer to Poczapowo

Peretoki - refer to Wsielub

Piecinki - refer to Zdzieciol

Plisa - refer to Lubcz

Szczorsze - refer to Lozki

Poczapowo Niehniewicze was a village of Poczapowo and gmina town with dependencies Bielczyce, Bujniewicze, Jatra, Kacilowka, Korsakowszczyzna, Kosicze Wielkie, Kowalewszczyzna, Kozlowicze, Pazdzierzowo, Sworotwa Wielka, and Zastarzynie.The Justice of the Peace was in Horoduszcze. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 229. The railway was 8 km away in Molczadz, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Molczad. The telegraph was in Nowojelnia. Korelicze had one Orthodox church and mills.

Porzecze - refer to Zdzieciol

Prosza - refer to Zdzieciol

Rajce was a village and gmina town with dependencies - Juryzdyka, Lahodki, Mondzin, Rodohoszcza, Rudniki, Sieniezyce, Slohda, Sopotnica, Szczonowo, Walowka, and Wolca.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek I. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 237. The railway was 3 km away in Zaberdowo, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Nowogrodek. Rajce had mills and forestry operations.

Rodohoszcza - refer to Rajce

Romanowicze - refer to Zdzieciol

Rucica - refer to Korelicze

Rudniki - refer to Rajce

Rutkiewicze - refer to Korelicze

Rzepiszcze - refer to Zdzieciol

Sieniezyce - refer to Rajce

Skrobow - refer to Cyryn

Slobodka - refer to Horodeczna

Slohda - refer to Rajce

Sopotnica - refer to Rajce

Sowaszo - refer to Korelicze

Stankiewicze - refer to Wsielub

Starojelnia - Koszelewo

Strzala - refer to Zdzieciol

Studzianka - Koszelewo

Studzieniec - refer to Wsielub

Sulatycze - refer to Horodeczna

Sworotwa Wielka - refer to Poczapowo

Szczonowo - refer to Rajce

Szczorse was a village and gmina town with dependencies - Duze Pole and Kraskowska Gora.The Justice of the Peace was in Nowogrodek. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 400. The railway was 20 km away in Basino, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Szczorse. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek. Szczorse had one Orthodox church.

Walerjanowka - Koszelewo

Walowka - refer to Rajce

Wereszkow - refer to Lubcz

Wiazowiec was a village and gmina town with dependencies - Duze Pole and Kraskowska Gora.The Justice of the Peace was in Zdzieciol. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 497. The railway was 13 km away in Nowojelnia, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Zdzieciol. The telegraph was in Nowojelnia. Szczorse had one Orthodox church.

Wolca - refer to Rajce

Worobjewicze Wielkie - refer to Lubcz

Woroncza - refer to Cyryn

Wsielub was a miasteczko (small town) and gmina town with dependencies - Bienen, Gierkowka, Karpysze, Krzywonogi, Lachowicze, Lawskie, Naliboki Done, Naliboki Gorne, Ocminow, Peretoki, Stankiewicze, Studzieniec, Zieniewicze, Zieniewszczyzna, and Zofjowka.The Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 736. The railway was 11 km away in Basino, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office was in Basino. The telephone was in Wsielub. The telegraph was in Nowogrodek. Wsielub was the council office and had one Catholic church and one Orthodox church, forestry operations, and mills.

Wszowice - refer to Zdzieciol

Zablocie - refer to Korelicze

Zagorze Sienienskie - refer to Lubcz

Zaroj - Koszelewo

Zastarzynie - refer to Poczapowo

Zbornja - Koszelewo

Zdzieciol was a miasto pow. (county town) and gmina town with dependencies - Bogudzieki, Chilmony, Chrobotki, Dubrowa, Dwor Wesoly, Dwor Zielony, Gnoinskie, Holowie, Kobylczyce, Lady, Murowanka, Makryszki, Pacowszczyzna, Piecinki, Porzecze, Prosza, Romanowicze, Rzepiszcze, Strzala, Wszowice, and Zukowszczyzna. Zdzieciol was the seat of the Justice of the Peace was in Nieswiez. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 3,008. The railway was 12 km away in Nowojelnia, line - Baranowicze-Lida. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Zdzieciol. Zdzieciol had 1 Catholic church, 1 Orthodox church, 4 synagogues, a Young Girls' Professional School, municipal hospital, ambulance, electricity factory, slaughterhouse, veterinary clinic, and an Association of Merchants. Markets - Tuesdays and Fridays. Zdzieciol had mills and tanneries.

Zieniewicze - refer to Wsielub

Zieniewszczyzna - refer to Wsielub

Zofjowka - refer to Wsielub

Zubkowo - Koszelewo

Zukowszczyzna - refer to Zdzieciol

 Return


SLONIM POWIAT

Albertyn was a village of Szydlowicze and gmina town. The Justice of the Peace was in Slonim. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 839. The railway was Wolkowysk-Baranowicze. The post office and telephone were in Albertyn. The telegraph was in Slonim. Albertyn had a Society Pol. de Confins, an Association of Christian Artisans, and a grease lubricants factory and a sawmill.

Borki - Rohotna

Buksztowo - refer to Dereczyn

Byten was a miastezko (town). The Justice of the Peace was in Slonim. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 1,278. The railway was 8 km away. The post office and telephone were in Byten n. Szczara. The telegraph was in Domanowo. Byten had a Council Office for Regional Ambulance, an Association of Small Merchants, and an Association of Tailors. Fairs were on the 20th of every month. Byten manufactured cleaning products, cattle products, notions, and had forestry operations. Byten, a gmina town, with the dependency of Zapole, was seat of the council office of the town of Byten.

Celakowszczyzna - refer to Dereczyn

Chmielnica - refer to Trybuszki

Czemery was a village with the dependencies - Grzybowo and Olszewo. The Justice of the Peace was in Slonim. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 418. The railway was 5 5 km away in Slonim. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Slonim. The town had mills.

Czerechowszczyzna - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Dereczyn was a miasteczko (small city) andgmina town with the dependencies - Buksztowo, Celakowszczyzna, Kotczyn, and Heziorka Male. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace ad seat of council office of Dereczyn town. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 180. The railway was 14 km away in Zelwa - line-Baranowicze-Wolkwysk. The post office and telephone were in Dereczyn. The telegraph was in Zelwa. The town had the Forestry Administration Council office, one Catholic church, 1 Orthodox church, a Merchants Association, Jewish Artisans Association, and Association of Primary Teachers. Markets were on Tuesdays. Fairs were on the 23rd of each month. The town had mills and tanneries. The gmina had a forestry operation.

Doroglany was a village with the dependenc - Doroglany. The Justice of the Peace was in Dereczyn. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 665. The railway was 16 km away in Zelwa. The post office and telephone were in Dereczyn. The telegraph was in Zelwa. The town had mills.

Dowgialowicze - Rohotna

Dziewiatkowicze - refer to Trybuszki

Dzleszkowce - refer to Stara Wies

Gierekowszczyzna - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Gierniki - Rohotna

Gorka - Rohotna

Grzybowo - refer to Czemery

Hawinowize - refer to Szdlowicze

Heziorka Male - refer to Dereczyn

Holynka - refer to Stara Wies

Horodki - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Hutka - refer to Szdlowicze

Iwna - refer to Szdlowicze

Jachnowszczyzna - Rohotna

Jawor - Rohotna

Jeriernica was a miasteczko (small city) with the dependencies - Czemery. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace ad seat of council office of Slonim III town. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 528. The railway was 2 km away - line - Wolkowysk-Baranowicze. The post office and telephone were in Jeziornica. The telegraph was in Zelwa. The town had 1 Orthodox church.

Jezana - refer to Szdlowicze

Jocewicze - Rohotna

Klepacze - refer to Mizewicze

Kostrowicze was a village and gmina town with the dependencies - Jagnieszzyce, Kuciejki, Lomasze, Lyski, Rzepnicze, Sienkowszcszna, and Synkowicze. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 160. The railway was 14 km away. The post office and telephone were in Kostrowice. The telegraph was in Slonim. The town had brickworks and mills.

Kotczyn - refer to Dereczyn

Kozlowszczyzna was a miasteczko (small city) andgmina town with the dependencies - Czerechowszczyzna, Gierekowszczyzna, Horodki, Miedwinowicze, Mielniki, Pacowicze, Piasek, Podjalowka, Podol Tartaki, and Wielka Woa. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 467. The railway was 25 km away in Slonim. The post office and telephone were in Kozlowzczyzna k Slonima. The telegraph was in Slonim. The town had 1 Catholic church, a turpentine and pitch factory, and mills.

Kurylowicze was a village and gmina town with the dependencies - Slize-Piaskowski and Zascianek. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 351. The railway was 24 km away in Zelwa. The post office and telephone were in Dereczyn. The telegraph was in Zelwa. The town had brickworks and mills.

Ladziny - Rohotna

Lancewicze was a village of Kurylowicze. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 620. The railway was 26 km away in Zelwa. The post office was in Krylowicze and telephone in Dereczyn. The telegraph was in Zelwa. The town had brickworks and mills.

Lisowicze - refer to Mizewicze

Loski was a village of Kozlowszczyzna. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 524. The railway was 24 km away in Nowojelnia. The post office and telephone were in Kozlowzczyzna. The telegraph was in Nowojelnia.

Lubkowszczyzna - Rohotna

Lukonica - refer to Stara Wies

Michalin - refer to Mizewicze

Michalowo - refer to Szdlowicze

Miedwinowicze - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Mielewicze was a village of Kurylowicze. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 573. The railway was 18 km away in Zelwa. The post office and telephone were in Dereczyn. The telegraph was in Zelwa.

Mielniki - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Mizewicze was a village and gmina town with the dependencies - Klepacze, Lisowicze, Michalin, and Wielki Mlyn. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 620. The railway was 12 km away in Jeziornica. The post office and telephone were in Mizewicze. The telegraph was in Slonim. The town had 1 Catholic church, 2 Orthodox churches, and mills.

Mizgiery - refer to Trybuszki

Nackowo was a village of Kurylowicze. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 524. The railway was 23 km away in Zelwa. The post office was in Kurylowicze and telephone in Dereczyn. The telegraph was in Dereczyn [Zelwa?].

Nowe - refer to Trybuszki

Okunionowo - refer to Trybuszki

Olszewo - refer to Czemery

Ostrowo was a village and colony of Stara (village). Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 1004. The railway was 19 km away in Zelwa. The post office was in Kolynka and telephone in Dereczyn. The telegraph was in Zelwa. The town had mills.

Pacowicze - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Piasek - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Pietruki - Rohotna

Platenicze - refer to Stara Wies

Podjalowka - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Podol Tartaki - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Prudy - refer to Stara Wies

Pustobory - refer to Stara Wies

Puzewicze - Rohotna

Rohotenka - Rohotna

Rohotna was a village and gmina town with the dependencies - Borki, Dowgialowicze, Gierniki, Gorka, Jachnowszczyzna, Jawor, Jocewicze, Ladziny, Lubkowszczyzna, Pietruki, Puzewicze, Rohotenka, Sanniki-Sawodziaki, Soczewiany, Soasiuki, Statkowszczyzna, Szostaki, Werlowszczyzna, Wolowniki, Zarzecze, and Zykowicze. Zdzieciol was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 372. The railway was 8 km away in Wygoda k. Lidy, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Rohotna. The telegraph was in Nowojelnia. The town had 1 Catholic church, 1 Orthodox church, the Polish Association of White Russian School Personnel, and mills.

Ruda Jaworska was a village of Kozlowszczyzna. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 686. The railway was 35 km away in Skrzbowce, line - Lida-Mosty. The post office and telephone were in Kozlowszczyzna. The telegraph was in Nowojelnia.

Sanniki-Sawodziaki - Rohotna

Sawicze was a village of Szydlowicze. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 653. The railway was 11 km away in Albertyn, trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Albertyn. The telegraph was in Slonim.

Sielawicze was a village of Mizewicze. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 500. The railway was 7 km away in Jeziornica, trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Mizewicze. The telegraph was in Jeziornica. The town had one Catholic church.

Slize-Piaskowski - refer to Kurylowicze

Slonim was a miasto pow. (county town). Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 9,643. The railway line was Baranowicze-Wolkowysk. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Slonim. Slonim had the following -

Starostie, District Police Command, Commissioner of Police, Bureau of Imports and Taxes, Bureau of "accises" and Monopolies, Public Revenue Dept., Rural District Office, Dept. of Transportation, Director of Riverways, and Committee of District Colonization. 4 Catholic churches, 1 Orthodox church, 1 mosque, 2 synagogues, and Convent of the Dames of the Immaculate Conception. It also had a State High School, private high school, 2 normal schools for primary teachers, lesson preparation for teachers, State Infectious Disease Hospital, an Association Of Merchants, an Association of Artisans, a union of Professional Associations, Prof. Association of Agricultural Laborers, Employees of the Timber Industry, Food Workers, Tannery Workers, Needle Workers, Employees of Commerce and Offices, and Postal and Telegraph Workers. Markets were on Thursdays. Slonim had mills, sawmills, brickworks, a tannery, a machine factory, and a brandy factory.

Soasiuki - Rohotna

Soczewiany - Rohotna

Sosnowka - refer to Trybuszki

Stara Wies was a village of Holynka and gmina town with the dependencies - Dzleszkowce, Holynka, Lukonica, Platenicze, Prudy, and Pustobory. Dereczyn was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 468. The railway was 4 km away in Platenicze, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Holynka. The telegraph was in Zelwa. The town had mills and "lighter".

Statkowszczyzna - Rohotna

Szdlowicze was a village of Holynka and gmina town with the dependencies - Hawinowize, Hutka, Iwna, Jezana, Michalowo, and Tartaczek. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 389. The railway was 5 km away in Albertyn, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Zyrowice. The telegraph was in Slonim. The town had mills.

Szostaki - Rohotna

Tartaczek - refer to Szdlowicze

Trybuszki was a village with the dependencies - Chmielnica, Dziewiatkowicze, Nowe, Mizgiery, Okunionowo, and Sosnowka and seat of council office of Dziewiatkowicze. Slonim III was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 143. The railway was 21 km away in Dziewiatkowicze. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Dziewiatkowicze. The town had mills.

Werlowszczyzna - Rohotna

Wielka Woa - refer to Kozlowszczyzna

Wielki Mlyn - refer to Mizewicze

Wolowniki - Rohotna

Zarzecze - Rohotna

Zascianek - refer to Kurylowicze

Zykowicze - Rohotna

Zyrowice was a miasteczko (small town). Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 508. The railway was 10 km away in Slonim. The post office and telephone were in Zyrowice. The telegraph was in Slonim. The town had a council office, 1 Catholic church, the State Agricultural School, and mills.

 Return


STOLPE POWIAT

Adamowo - refer to Zuchowicze Wielkie

Antalezy was a village and colony of Stolpce. Stolpce was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 930. The railway was 20 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Stolpce.

Azarycze - refer to Derewna

Balagany - refer to Derewna

Berezno was a village of Mir. Horodziej was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 712. The railway was 19 km away in Stolpce. The post office was in Kolynka and telephone in Mir. The telegraph was in Stolpce. The town had one Orthodox church.

Bor - refer to Derewna

Borek - refer to Rubiezewicze

Borek-Futor - refer to Stolpce

Borek-Zukow - refer to Stolpce

Chorossewicze - refer to Derewna

Chotow was a village of Rubiezewicze. Rubliezewicze was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 784. The railway was 30 km away in Stolpce. The post office was in Kolynka and telephone in Derewno. The telegraph was in Reubiezewice. The town had mills.

Ciechanowa Sloboda - refer to Rubiezewicze

Czerclez - refer to Rubiezewicze

Derewna was a village and gmina town and seat of town council of Derewna. The village dependencies were Azarycze, Balagany, Bor, Chorossewicze, Isajewicze, Ivna, Jalowiki, Lwowszczyzna, Nauljewicze, Niewraga, Rudnia, Szunmdry, and Wysock. The gmina dependencies were Dudki, Gwoznica, and Zublerowo. Slonim was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 757. The railway was 15 km away in Slonim. The post office and telephone were in Derewna. The telegraph was in Slonim. The town had one Orthodox church.

Dudki - refer to Derewna

Dzlawgl - refer to Rubiezewicze

Gran - refer to Rubiezewicze

Gwoznica - refer to Derewna

Helenow - refer to Stolpce

Holowienczyce was a village of Swierzen. Stolpce was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 661. The railway was 8 km away in Stolpce. The post office was in Kolynka and telephone in Derewno. The telegraph was in Stolpce.

Humienowszczyzna - refer to Rubiezewicze

Isajewicze - refer to Derewna

Ivna - refer to Derewna

Jaczno was a village. Stolpce was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 832. The railway was 8 km away in Stolpce. The post office was in Kolynka and telephone in Derewno. The telegraph was in Stolpce.

Jaczonka was a village and colony of Stolpce. Stolpce was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 867. The railway was 10 km away in Stolpce. The post office was in Zasule and telephone in Zasule. The telegraph was in Stolpce.

Jalowiki - refer to Derewna

Jeremicze was a miastezko with dependency - Obryn. Mir was seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 613. The railway was 28 km away in Horodzie. The post office was in Turzec and telephone in Turzec. The post office was in Mir. tanneries, mills

Jezlorskie - refer to Mir

Kaczanowszczuzna - refer to Swierzen

Karolin - refer to Rubiezewicze

Knotowszczyzna - refer to Swierzen

Kolosowe - refer to Stolpce

Koniunchy - Lachowicze

Konkolowicze - refer to Stolpce

Kowalewszczyzna - refer to Stolpce

Kozewo was a village of Zuchowieze. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 679. The railway was 21 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Mir.

Kruglica - refer to Stolpce

Kryniczno - refer to Mir

Krynki - refer to Zuchowicze Wielkie

Kryszylowszczyzna - refer to Zuchowicze Wielkie

Luki Kozewo was a village of Zuchowieze. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 955. The railway was 28 km away in Horodziej. The post office was in Zuchowicze. The telegraph and telephone were in Mir.

Lwowszczyzna - refer to Derewna

Marchaszczyzna - refer to Swierzen

Mieszuki - refer to Stolpce

Mieszyce - refer to Rubiezewicze

Ladki was a village of Jeremicze. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 673. The railway was 29 km away in Horodziej. The post office was in Turzec. The telephone were in Turzec. The telegraph was in Mir.

Litwa - refer to Rubiezewicze

Mikolajewszczyzna was a village of Swierzen. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 929. The railway was 11 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Stolpce. The town had 1 Orthodox church.

Mikulicze - refer to Rubiezewicze

Mir was a miasto (county town) and gmina town with the dependencies - Jezlorskie, Kryniczno, Miranka, Piaseczno, Propacze, Sawonie, Skomoroxzki, Wielkie Siolo, and Horodziej, line - Baranowicze-Stolpce. It was seat of council office of Mir. Horodziej was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 3,741. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Mir. The town had a council office, 1 Catholic church, 1 Orthodox church, 1 synagogue, and 1 mosque. Mir had an Association of Merchants and Association of Artisans. Markets were Mondays. Fairs - 9 May, 26 Oct, 16 Feb - horses and pigs.

Miranka - refer to Mir

Morozowicze - refer to Rubiezewicze

Najdzienowicze - refer to Stolpce

Nauljewicze - refer to Derewna

Niekraszewicze was a village of Zuchowicze. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 543. The railway was 16 km away in Horodzie. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Mir. The town had 1 Orthodox church.

Niewraga - refer to Derewna

Niwno was a village of Derewna. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 520. The railway was 27 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in p.v.of Derewna. The town had 1 Orthodox church.

Nowo Pole - refer to Rubiezewicze

Nowopole - refer to Stolpce

Odceda - refer to Stolpce

Ojucewicze was a village of Mir. Horodziej was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 970. The railway was 12 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Mir.

Okindzyce - refer to Swierzen

Okolowo - refer to Rubiezewicze

Oreluchy - refer to Swierzen

Otmyt - refer to Stolpce

Piaseczno - refer to Mir

Piornim was a village of Derewna. Slonim was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Grodno. The 1928 population was 535. The railway was 17 km away in Slonim. The post office and telephone were in Derewna k. Slonima. The post office was in Slonim.

Pogorzalka was a village of Jeremicze. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 675. The railway was 28 km away in Horodziej. The post office was in Mir. The telegraph and telephone were in Turzec.

Propacze - refer to Mir

Radun was a village of Mir and town with dependencies - Jurance, Lipkunce, and Niekraszudce. It was seat of council office. Horodziej was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 748. The railway was 25 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Mir.

Rubiezewicze was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with the dependencies - Borek, Ciechanowa Sloboda, Czerclez, Dzlawgl, Gran, Humienowszczyzna, Karolin, Litwa, Mieszyce, Mikulicze, Morozowicze, Nowo Pole, Okolowo, Rudnia, Slobodka, Sosenka, Zuge, and Zydowicze. It was seat of the council of Rubiezewicze. It was seat of council office of Mir. Rubiezewicze was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 1,509. The railway was 25 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Rubiezewicze. The town had a council office, 2 Catholic churches, 1 Orthodox church, and mills.

Rudnia - refer to Derewna

Rudnia - refer to Rubiezewicze

Sawonie - refer to Mir

Sciecki - refer to Stolpce

Simakowo was a village of Mir. It was seat of council office. Nieswiez was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 671. The railway was 9 km away in Horodziej. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Mir.

Skomoroszki - refer to Mir

Sloboda was a village of Stolpce. It was seat of council office. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 748. The railway was 7 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Stolpce.

Sloboda Suprosna was a village of Derewna. It was seat of council office. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 523. The railway was in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in p.v. of Derewna.

Slobodka - refer to Rubiezewicze

Sosenka - refer to Rubiezewicze

Stolpce was a miasto (county town) and gmina town with the dependencies - Borek-Futor, Borek-Zukow, Borkowszczyzna, Helenow, Kolosowe, Konkolowicze, Kowalewszczyzna, Kruglica, Mieszuki, Najdzienowicze, Nowopole, Odceda, Otmyt, Sciecki, Tryles, and Zarzecze. It was seat of council office. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 2,956. Train - border train, very important for the line - Warszawa-Moskwa. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Stolpce. The town had the following - Starostie, District Police Command, Bureau of Imports and Taxes, Public Revenue Dept., Customs Bureau, Rural District Office, Dept. of Transportation, Office of the Rural District, Committee of District Colonization, Commission of District Expropriation, 1 Catholic church, 1 Orthodox church, District Health Clinic, District Hospiral, Electric power station, Association Of Professionals and Corporations - Regional Union of Agricultural Circles, sections - Association Of Merchants, Association Of Polish Merchants, Association Of Military Colonies - and Volunteer Firemen, and mills. Markets were Tuesdays and Fridays.

Swierzen was a gmina town with the dependencies - Kaczanowszczuzna, Knotowszczyzna, Marchaszczyzna, Okindzyce, Oreluchy, and Zacierzewo. It was seat of council office of Swierzen Nowy. The town had mills.

Swierzen Nowy was a miasteczko (small city) with the dependency - Swierzen Nowy. It was seat of the council of Rubiezewicze. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 1,195. The railway was 2 km away in Stolpce, line - Baranowicze-Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Stolpce. The town had a council office, Association of Merchants, 1 Catholic church and 1 Orthodox church.

Swierzen Stary was a village of Swierzen. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 556. The railway was in 6 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Stolpce. The village had 1 Orthodox church and mills.

Szunmdry - refer to Derewna

Tonowo was a village of Rubiezewicze. Rubiezewicze was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 619. The railway was in 31 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Rubiezewicze.

Tryles - refer to Stolpce

Turzec was a miasteczko (small city) with the dependency - Turzec. Mir was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 1,290. The railway was 27 km away in Horodziej. The post office and telephone were in Turzec. The telegraph was in Mire. The town had one Orthodox church. Markets were Tuesday. Fairs - 23 Apr, 1 Oct for horses and pigs.

Wielkie Siolo - refer to Mir

Wyczytarowo - refer to Mir

Wysock - refer to Derewna

Zacierzewo - refer to Swierzen

Zajamno was a village of Stolpce. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 922. The railway was in 4.5 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Stolpce.

Zaluze was a village of Mir. Horodziej was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 506. The railway was in 9 km away in Stolpce. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Mir.

Zarzecze - refer to Stolpce

Zasule was a village of Stolpce. Stolpce was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 730. The railway was in 15 km away in Stolpce. The post office and telephone were in Zasule 1. The telegraph was in Stolpce. Zasule had 1 Orthodox church and a distillery.

Zublerowo - refer to Derewna

Zuchowicze Male was a village of Zuchowicze. Mir was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 684. The railway was in 16 km away in Horodziej. The post office and telephone were in Mir. The telegraph was in Mir. Zasule had brickworks.

Zuchowicze Wielkie was a village of Zuchowicze with dependencies - Adamowo, Krynki, and Kryszylowszczyzna. Mir was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 971. The railway was in 18 km away in Horodziej. The post office and telephone were in Mir. The telegraph was in Mir. The village had mills.

Zuge - refer to Rubiezewicze

Zydowicze - refer to Rubiezewicze

Borkowszczyzna - refer to Stolpce

 Return


WOLOZYN POWIAT

Bakszty was a village and gmina town with dependencies - comprising - Borysowo, Nierowy, and Pacewicze). Iwieniec was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 497. The railway was in 24 km away in Juraciszki. The post office and telephone were in Bakszty. The telegraph was in Wolozyn. Bakszty had a wood industry.

Baranowicze - refer to Traby

Bohdanow - refer to Wiszniew

Bombaly - refer to Wiszniew

Borowikowszczyzna - refer to Pierszaje

Ciupaki - refer to Zabrzez

Cymonowicze - refer to Juraciszki

Dajnowa Wielka was a village of Zabrzez. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 557. The railway was in 9 km away in Horodzki. The post office and telephone were in Zabrzez. The telegraph was in Wolozyn.

Derewna was a miastezko (town). Derewna was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 892. The railway was in 26 km away in Stolpce. The post office and telephone were in Derewno. The telegraph was in Stolpce. The town had one Catholic Cathedral. Markets were on Thursdays. Derewna had mills and tanneries.

Doikniewicze - refer to Wiszniew

Dolewicze - refer to Zabrzez

Dory - refer to Pierszaje

Dubina Jruzducka was a village of Zabrzez. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 519. The railway was in 8 km away in Poloczany. The post office and telephone were in Zabrzez. The telegraph was in Wolozyn. The village had one Orthodox church.

Dworzyszcze - refer to Wolozyn

Gintowszczyzna - refer to Wolozyn

Hackowo - refer to Wolozyn

Horodzki - refer to Zabrzez

Iwieniec was a miasteczko (small city) and gmina town with dependencies - Padniewicze, Pierelesanka, Rudnia, and Troki. It was seat of council office of Iwieniec. Iwieniec was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 2,226. The railway was in 35 km away in Olechnowicze, line - Molodeczno-Olechnowicze. The post office and telephone were in Iwieniec. The telegraph was in Stolpce. The town had 2 Catholic churches, 1 Orthodox church, and an Association of Merchants. Markets were on Tuesdays. Iwieniec had mills and tanneries.

Jewlosze - refer to Wolozyn

Jozefpol - refer to Zabrzez

Juraciszki was a miasteczko (small city) with dependencies - Cymonowicze, Tokarzyszki, and Wikamiany. It was seat of council office of Iwieniec. Juraciszki was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 203. The railway was in 3 km. away line - Lida-Molodeczno. The post office and telephone were in Juraciszki. The telegraph was in Liwje k. Lidy. The town had 1 Orthodox church and mills and forestry operations.

Kamien was a gmina town of Iwieniec. Iwieniec was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 844. The railway was in 40 km. away in Olechnowicze. The post office was in Kamien and telephone in Iwienca. The telegraph was in Iwieniec. The town had one Catholic church.

Kociowszczyzna - refer to Wiszniew

Lazduny was a village of Lugomowicze. Juracisczki was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 701. Railroad line - narrow road of Jurasixzki Iwje k. Lidy. The post office was in Lugomowicze. The telephone and telegraph were in Zabrzez.

Losk was a village of Zabrzez. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 704. The railroad was 5 km away in Horodzki. The post office was in Zabrzez. The telephone was in Horodzki. The telegraph was in Wolozyn. Losk had one Catholic church.

Lucomowicze was a village of Miklajow and a gmina town. Juracisczki was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 274. The railroad was 12 km away, a trainstop for limited transports on line - narrow road Juraciszki-Paslewicze. The post office was in Lugomowicze. The telephone was in Lugomowicze. The telegraph was in Iwje k. Lidy. Losk had one Catholic church.

Luzany - refer to Wolozyn

Miklajow - refer to Lucomowicze

Moszki - refer to Zabrzez

Naliboki was a village, a gmina town, and a miasteczko (small city) with dependencies - Pietrylowicze, Rudnia, Sutoki, Wojciechowo, Zamianka, and Zwierzyniec. Derewno was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 miastechzko population was 1,199 and the village-gmina population was 515. The railway was in 25 km. away in Lubcza. The post office and telephone were in Naliboki. The telegraph was in Iwieniec. The town had a council office and mills.

Padniewicze - refer to Iwieniec

Pieliwica - refer to Wolozyn

Pienkowszczyzna - refer to Zabrzez

Pierelesanka - refer to Iwieniec

Pierszaje was a gmina town and village with dependencies - Borowikowszczyzna and Dory. Rakow was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 miastechzko population was 361 and the village-gmina population was 515. The railway was in 20 km. away in Poloczany. The post office and telephone were in Pierszaje. The telegraph was in Wolozyn. The town had 1 Catholic church and sawmills.

Pieslakowsczcyzna - refer to Zabrzez

Pietrylowicze - refer to Naliboki

Ponizie was a village of Wolozyn. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 594. The railroad was 18 km away in Horodzki. The post office, telephone, and telegraph were in Wolozyn.

Prudy was a village of Naliboki. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Nowogrodek. The 1928 population was 829. The railroad was 30 km away in Lubcza. The post office and telephone were in Naliboki. Telegraph was in Iwieniec.

Rosciowszczyzna - refer to Traby

Rozyslaw - refer to Zabrzez

Rudnia I was a village of Naliboki. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 538. The railroad was 5 km away in Lubcza. The post office and telephone were in Naliboki. Telegraph was in Iwieniec.

Rudnia - refer to Iwieniec

Rudnia - refer to Naliboki

Sakowszczyzna was a village of Wiszniew. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 684. The railroad was 11 km away in Horodzki. The post office and telephone were in Wiszniew k. Bohdanowa. Telegraph was in Wolozyn.

Siwicz was a village of Iwieniec. Iwieniec was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 657. The railroad was 35 km away in Olechnowicze. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Iwieniec.

Skrzypiewo - refer to Zabrzez

Slajkowszczyzna - refer to Wiszniew

Surwiliszki - refer to Traby

Sutoki - refer to Naliboki

Terebejna was a village of Naliboki. Iwieniec was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 840. The railroad was 26 km away in Lubcza. The post office and telephone were in Naliboki. The telegraph was in Iwieniec.

Tokarzyszki - refer to Juraciszki

Traby was a gmina town and a miasteczko (small city) with dependencies - Baranowicze, Rosciowszczyzna, and Surwiliszki. Juraciszki was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 981. The railway was in 12 km. away in Juraciszki. The post office, telephone and telegraph were in Traby. Traby had 1 Catholic church and 1 Orthodox church. Markets were Mondays for grain and cattle. Traby had mills and a tannery.

Troki - refer to Iwieniec

Truskowicze - refer to Zabrzez

Uzbloc - refer to Zabrzez

Wikamiany - refer to Juraciszki

Wiszniew was a gmina town and a miasteczko (small city) with dependencies - Bohdanow, Bombaly, Doikniewicze, Kociowszczyzna, Sakowszczyzna, Slajkowszczyzna, Yhlu, and Zardle. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 957. The railway was 6 km. away, trainstop for limited transports in Bohdanow, line - Lida-Molodeczno. The post office and telephone were in Wiszniew k. Bohdanowa and telegraph in Bohdanow. Traby had 1 Catholic church and 1 Orthodox church and an Association Of Merchants. Markets were Wednesdays. Traby had mills, tanneries and sawmills

Wojciechowo - refer to Naliboki

Wolozyn was a gmina town and a miasteczko (small city) with dependencies - Dworzyszcze, Gintowszczyzna, Hackowo, Jewlosze, luzany, and Pieliwica. It was seat of the district of Wolozyn. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 2,630.The railway was in 16 km. away in Horodzki, line - Lida-Molodeczno. The post office, telegraph, and telephone were in Wolozyn. Wolozyn had 1 Catholic church, an Association Of Merchants. Wolozyn had Starostie, District Police Command, Bureau of Imports and Taxes, Public Revenue Dept., Inspector of Teachers, Rural District Office, Committee of District Colonization, Commission of District Expropriation, Customs Bureau, Dept. of Transportation, church, 2 Orthodox churches, 3 synagogues, Yeshiva, District hospital, District Health Office, and electric power station. The town had an Association of Merchants, Association of Town Employees, Association of State Employees, Association of Military Colonies, and Association of Jewish Artisans. Markets were Thursdays. Fairs - 5 for cattle, horses, and soil products. Wolozyn had mills, tanneries, and brandy making.

Zabrzez was a gmina town and a miasteczko (small city) with dependencies - Ciupaki, Dolewicze, Horodzki, Jozefpol, Moszki, Pienkowszczyzna, Pieslakowsczcyzna, Rozyslaw, Skrzypiewo, Truskowicze, and Uzbloc. Wolozyn was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 306.The railway was in 4 km. away in Horodzki, line - Lida-Molodeczno. The post office was in Zabrzez, the telegraph in Wolozyn, and the telephone in Horodzki. Zabrzez had one Catholic church, an Association of Military Colonies, and an Association of Town Employees. Zabrzez had flax production.

Zabrzez was a village of Bakszty. Iwieniec was the seat of the Justice of the Peace. The justice court was in Wilno. The 1928 population was 689. The railroad was 27 km away in Juraaciszki, a trainstop for limited transports. The post office and telephone were in Zabrzez. The telegraph was in Iwje k. Lidy.

Zamianka - refer to Naliboki

Zardle - refer to Wiszniew

Zwierzyniec - refer to Naliboki


 Return

This is the extract from the 1928 Business Directory