Coat of Arms of the
Polish (1920 - 1939) period
The Coat of Arms of the Polish (1920 - 1939) period represented in an azure field an open gate with two towers.
The first mention of the town refers to the XV century. In 1539 it was given the Magdeburg Right.
In 1665 Cossack regiment conquered a castle in Podhajce. Those scenes were reflected on a seal of 1658 by a Latin letter "P" over a crescent and a cross under it.
Battle of Podhajce
© Copyright 2003; Paul Havers