These are the towns that I do not have any other information on, if you are willing to share any information please let me know

 District of Lwow

 

BIALY KAMIEN

The first mention about Bialy Kamien dates to 1493. There is an opinion that thanks to the owner Wisniowiecki the settlement got the status of a town in the XVII century. On the old seals there is a picture of St.Juri piercing a snake with a spear.

BRUKGOWICZE

The first mention refers to 1440. From the documents of 1859 the picture of the seal has three fir-trees. The central one is the highest, two other are lower.

BUSK

The first mention to the town dates to 1097. The name has its origin from the Bug river. In 1411 Zynowi Mazowecki granted the Magdeburg Right.

During the Austrian period Busk Coat of Arms was a figure of a crane in an azure field.


CHERWONOGRAD

The first mention of the town refers to 1692. In documents it is named Krystynopol.

During the days of Rzecz Pospolita the town used the family Coat of Arms of Pototcki family "Pilawa". In an azure field there was an argent five-pointed cross.

DOBROMIL

The first mention refers to 1374. Belonged to the Gerburts. Magdeburg Right was given in 1566.
The first seals, known since XVII century, have a picture of a ball pierced by two swords - a variant of the Coat of Arms of Gerburts.

DUBLIANY

The first mention to the town refers to 1440. The name has its origin from the oak-tree forests which were of a great number in this region. The first well known seal "Dubliany Community", chosen by the village inhabitants, appears in documents of the year 1866 and represents a religious symbol - "An eye of Provision".

CHODACZOW

For the first time is mentioned in documents for 1164. under the title Zudeczow. In 1393 the King Jagiello granted the Magdebourg right for city. The representatives of city participated in the Great Battle against the Teutonic Knights at Grunwald in 1410.

HORODOK

Appeared in the days of Kijow Rus. The first mention refers to 1213. The name has its origin from the word combination "salt town", because of the trade with salt.
In 1389 Magdeburg Right to the town was given by King Jagiello.

 

The Coat of Arms of the Austrian period

 

On the Coat of Arms of the Austrian period in a azure field there is a picture of an argent mural wall with three towers and with open gates and with a gules crown in chief.

JAWOROW

The first mention of the town dates to 1376. The origin of the name comes from the sycamore woods in the neighborhood of the town.
In 1569 it was given the Magdeburg Right.

The Coat of Arms of the Austrian period

The Coat of Armsof the Austrian period had a picture of a gules field with an argent boat in it. Over the boat there was a Polish heraldic figure "Nalecz" in a ornamental towel.

KAMJONKA-BOZKA

The first mention refers to 1441. The town was granted the Magdeburg right sometime between 1471 - 1789.

 

The Coat of Arms of the Austrian period

In recorded literature the CoA of 1583; in azure field three heraldic stones set in or in two rows: two in the upper row and one in the lower. The CoA symbolized the name of the town. The picture of this CoA was given in Polish and Austrian heraldic literature of the XIX - XX centuries.

 

The Coat of Arms of the Polish 1920 - 1939 period - in azure field three heraldic stones set in or in two rows: two in the upper row and one in the lower.

 


MOSTYKA

The Coat of Arms of the Austrian period was granted by Francis II on 14 November 1799. In azure field there is a cross on a bridge over a rocky canyon.

The first mention about Mostacz (the towns original name) refers back to 1404, when the town was given it's Magdeburg Right.

 

 TOPOROW

The settlement appeared in the XVII century when Andrew Tenczynski issued an order about building a town named Toporow this came from the family CoA of the Tenczynski's -"Topor" (axe). On the 24th of February it was given the Magdeburg Right.

TURKA

The initial mention of the town dates back to the beginning of the XV Century. In 1730 the town was given it's Magdeburg Right.

WYNNIKI

The first written mention refers to 1368. In 1603 it was given the Magdeburg Right.
In XVI - XVII centuries a castle, cathedral, church of Christmas and a monastery were built. The town was called "Small Krakow".

 

ZURAWNO

The first mention of the town dates back to 1465. The Magdeburg Right was given in 1563.

Districts of

Stanislawow ¦ Rowne

 =====================================

 Return

© Copyright 2000 - 2003; Paul Havers