The first mention
to the town dates to 1570. A
historical name is Andrejow. Since ХVI century it was given the Rights of a
The first mention of the
under the name of Dubno can be found in Ipatiiv chronicles in 1100.
On the 3d of June 1498 the Great Lithuanian Prince gave the town the Magdeburg Right. A town seal of that time illustrated the family signs of the princes Ostrozkis. In the upper part there was "Ostroga" (in a gules field there was a half of an argent arrow conjoined with a half of a ring). In the lower part "Leliwa" - in an azure field an or six-pointed star and a crescent with their points facing up.
The first mention refers to 1150 as a settlement under the
name of Korczesk.
town was founded in November 1788 after the
privilege granted by the King Stanislaw August Poniatowski to the gentleman
The first written mention about Misocz
dates back to 1322.
On the 23d of September 1761 the colonel Dunin-Karwatski received the privilege from King August III to found a town under the name of Wielki Misocz and he also received the Magdeburg Right for that town
The Magdeburg Coat of Arms
The Coat of Ams of Misocz was a round shield on which the letters "M" and "W" which were interlaced. Around the Coat of Arms there was an inscription - "Herb miasta, miasta Misocza". The letters "W" and "M" symbolized the name of the town
Is known since the end of XIXth century as new station in the railway Rivne-Luninets'
Was founded in 80's of XIXth century.
Till 1922 it's place-name was Okotnikowo; this was the name of the owner of land,
on which the settlement appeared.
Lwow ¦ Stanislawow
© Copyright 2000 - 2002; Paul Havers