This town is in the Lwow district by the river Dniestr
From 12th Century it was in the Kingdom of Halicz-Wlodzimierz,
In the year of 1374 it became part of Poland.
The town attained the Magdeburg rights of a city in 1390.
In the 15th to 18th Century it was a centre of agricultural life.
Between the years of 1772 to 1918 it became part of the Polish lands that were partitioned by Austria-Hungary.
From 1919 to 1939 it once again became part of Poland.
From 1939 to 1941 the town was occupied by the Soviets.
From 1941 to 1944 the occupiers changed hands and it was the turn of the German army to occupy the town.
Between the years of 1941 and 1991 it became at first a town in a Ukrainian SSR created by Stalin on invasion of Poland later after the end of WWII it was permanently incorporated into the Ukrainian SSR.
From 1991 it's situated in the Ukraine.
It has some notable structures, including the Catholic Church from 16th 17th Century, Jesuit Church from the same era and the Town Hall from the 17th and 19th Century