Tarnopol

 

The Coat of Arms from the Austrio-Hungarian period

 

The emblem of the Polish (1920 - 1939) period was "Leliwa". In an azure field there was a horned moon with its horns up and an argent star with six points above the moon

 In 1844 Tarnopol was given an Imperial proclemation that gave it the rights of a Royal Town. The emblem of the town was an argent "Leliwa" of the Tarnowicki's - in an azure field, a horned moon with its horns facing up and an argent star with six points above the moon.

Castle in Podhorce

Villages - Tarnopol District

Photos of Tarnopol

Map of the Tarnopol District

Small map of the District

Return