This village belonged to the parish of Hallerczyn
According to the census of 1931 the village consisted of;
973 inhabitants, this increased to over 1000 by 1939, the majority of the inhabitants were Ukrainian. The Polish populace was barely 15%.
Inhabited mainly by Poles. The Church parish included 1.674 persons. The local priest was fr. Michal Duszenko, he administered this parish between 1937 - 1943. The following villages were also part of the parish; Holoskowice, Ponikowica, Wolkowatycze, Zablotce.
On the night of 2-3 September 1943 at approximately 2am the church was surrounded by a Banderowcy unit who opened fire with automatic weapons, one of the fatalities was fr. Michal Duszenko who was hit 7 times and died that night.
Between the years of 1944 - 1945, 20 Poles were murdered by the local Banderowcy/OUN/UPA units.
List of villages in the surrounding area
© Copyright; Paul Havers