Zaleszczyki

 

 

The Coat of Arms from the Austrio-Hungarian period

 

The Coat of Arms from the Polish (1920 - 1939) period differed only in the shape of the shield

 

The first known seal refers to 1750. An Coat of Arms of the Austrian period in a gules field on vert ground there was an argent mural hall with the windows and doors of gules color. In the middle of the mural hall's roof there was a picture of a unicorn.

    

Short Description/History

The first written mention of the town refers to 1340. In 1761 the town was given the Magdeburg Right and a status of a town.

 

Return